Research Associate/Fellow - The Centre for Big Data Research in Health
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
The Centre for Big Data Research in Health (CBDRH) aims to improve the health of the population through research using large-scale electronic data that integrates information about biology, clinical care, health services and the social and physical environments The CBDRH is in a rapid growth phase at present. There are currently around 30 academic staff, 7 professional staff members and 12 HDR students.
The functions of CBDRH are to:
- Foster and develop innovation in health data science
- Undertake high impact, high-quality and multi-disciplinary health and medical research using big data
- Facilitate the rapid translation of research findings into health improvements and better value in health care
- Build multi-disciplinary capacity in health research using big data
- Promote public, clinical and policy awareness of the health and societal benefits of research using big data
About the roles
- Multiple Fixed-term, Part Time & Full time positions ranging from 1 – 2 years in duration
- Academic Level A or B: $75, 069 - $ 123, 908 (+ 9.5% or 17% superannuation and leave loading)
CBDRH currently has four research units (see https://cbdrh.med.unsw.edu.au), and is establishing a fifth unit, focused on the application of machine learning to health data. The Research Associate/Research Fellow will provide support across projects within the Research Units in the Centre for Big Data Research in Health.
Please refer to the attached job description for a detailed list of responsibilities. Research Assoc-RF_CBDRH_April 2019
Louise Francis – Centre Manager
Applications close: 11pm, 16th June 2019