Excellent comprehensive guides to careers in statistics and jobs involving statistics in Australia and New Zealand are maintained by Gordon Smyth.
For a more comprehensive overview of things statistical see the Statistical Science Web, also maintained by Gordon Smyth. This guide provides information on careers, societies, conferences, statistics departments, mailing lists, courses, data sets, statistical computing, research funding, and a whole lot more.
If you have any information on employment prospects for statisticians that could be added to this page, please email email@example.com.
Articles about careers and job prospects for statisticians:
Beyond The Classroom: Unveiling 5 Dynamic Career Opportunities In Mathematics (2023)
Everything you need to know to become a statistician (2023)
Can You Do With A Degree In Statistics? (2022)
Highest paying jobs requiring statistics and probability knowledge (2022)
What do statisticians do? (ASA, 2022)
"Statistician" rated 8th of the 100 best jobs of 2022 (USA, 2022)
What You Can Do With a Statistics Degree (USA, 2021)
How to Become a Statistician in 2021 (USA, 2021)
10 Most Promising Careers for Gen Z Workers (USA, 2021)
- What you can do with a Master in Business Analytics (2021)
- Science news for students - Explainer: What is statistics (2021)
- More students earning statistics degrees, but not enough to meet surging demand for statisticians, USA 2016
- Statistician projected as top 10 fastest-growing job (USA, 2016)
- Careers in Statistics Evolve and Expand (USA, 2014)
- Career in Statistics- A World of Opportunity Power Point Presentation (ASA, 2016)
- Hal Varian explains why statistician will be the sexiest job in the next decade (You Tube, 2009)
- Jobs for Statisticians
What is statistics all about?
Misuse of Statistics:
Resources for Journalists:
Statistical Journal of the International Association for Official Statistics (IAOS)
Looking to freshen your résumé and improve your earning potential? You’re in exactly the right place at exactly the right time. As society places an increased emphasis on technology and the importance of accurate data, universities have been looking to improve their existing degree data and analytical degree programs and to create entirely new degrees offerings, both online and on-campus.