Continuing professional development
A Continuing Professional Development program is an important component of the benefits that the Statistical Society can provide. A continuing Professional Development program will:
The Statistical Society is proud to be able to offer a diverse CPD program reflecting our members and non-members' interests in the many different areas of statistics.
The Continuing Professional Development Committee was set up to plan and manage strategic aspects of the SSA CPD activities. The committee is comprised of members of each Branch of the Statistical Society.
The committee adopted the Royal Statistical Society definition of CPD:
“CPD is the systematic maintenance, improvement and broadening of knowledge and skill and the development of personal qualities necessary for the execution of professional and technical duties throughout the practitioner’s working life”.
The SSA committee oversees the CPD activities of the society, being responsible for the following:
1) Reporting strategic activities to the SSA Executive.
2) Develop and promote SSA CPD Policy.
3) Facilitating and maintaining CPD activities in line with the strategic directions of the society.
4) Develop documentation on how SSA workshops and short courses should be conducted.
5) Undertake periodic review of CPD activities (e.g. member surveys) including identification of emerging areas.
6) Assist organisers of the Australian Statistical Conference and Young Statisticians Conference with planning workshops and short course associated with their events.
7) Maintain links with Branches and the wider community.
CPD Committee 2021-22
Tasadduq Imam (Chair) – VIC
Gordana Popovic - NSW
Chris Brown – NSW
Aloke Phatak – WA
Peter Baker - QLD
Daniel Elazar - ACT
Karen Lamb - VIC
Our CPD policy can be viewed here.
We are always looking for people to present short courses on statistical topics of interest as part of the SSA continuing professional development program. For more information, please click Short Course Submissions here.