Data Analysis Australia is seeking a Senior or Managing Consultant to join its statistical and data science consulting team. Established in Western Australia in 1988, we provide statistical and data science consulting services across a range of industries and clients, both government and private, building a reputation of trust and delivery in all that we do. We are a company that makes statistics and data science accessible and personable to our clients, and sometimes even fun for them!
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our leadership team shaping the future of the organisation at the same time as applying your statistical and data science skills to projects across a variety of industries and areas. As we are a small consultancy, you will be involved in all elements of the business as part of a supportive team. Your unique talents and skills will be utilised, and you will be provided opportunities for growth and development in new areas.
With a friendly and dedicated team, DAA offers an environment in which to grow your career whilst providing genuine work-life balance. The role is a full time, permanent position.
To aid Data Analysis Australia in providing a high-quality consulting service, through securing, leading and successfully completing client projects of a statistical or data science nature, as well as providing active leadership and contribution to the internal efficiency, effectiveness and growth of the company.
The type of work undertaken will include:
- · Successfully scoping, leading and completing statistics and/or data science projects with clients from a variety of industries.
- · Managing, writing and advising on proposals, with a focus on devising appropriate methodologies.
- · Developing and maintaining relationships with key clients and contacts.
- · Mentoring, line management and upskilling of staff.
- · Identifying and attracting new client and business opportunities.
- Formal qualifications in statistics or statistical data science.
- At least 10 years’ experience working as a statistician or data scientist, including developing projects with clients (internal or external).
- Experience in a people leadership role as an experienced statistician or data scientist.
- Demonstrated ability in scoping and completing end to end projects, including working with big data.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to influence and build relationships with executives and other senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to identify key issues or core problems and devise practical and commercially sound solutions.
- Ability to bring in sales and new clients within the statistics/data science area.
- Experience in both Windows and Linux.
- Well networked in Perth or Australia in the data science / statistics industry.
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- Covering letter addressing the selection criteria above (applications failing to do this will not be considered); and
- Current CV, including details of eligibility to work in Australia and Citizenship status.
Please address to:
Queries to: (08) 9468 2533
Applications close at 2pm WST on Wednesday 22nd February 2023. We reserve the right to extend the deadline if required.