We are recruiting 2 ongoing continuing roles at Sydney Statistical Consulting, part of the Sydney Informatics Hub at Sydney University. We’re a tightknit friendly team that assists Sydney University researchers with their research through 1on1 consults, workshops and projects.
To apply please follow this link
Applications close Sunday 25 September 2022 11:59 PM
Consultant Statistics @ Sydney University
- Full time continuing role
- Exciting opportunity within the Sydney Informatics Hub to support university wide research goals using advanced analytic and statistical skills
- Base Salary $100,032 - $108,979 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Sydney Informatics Hub plays a key role in enabling research excellence through facilitating higher quality impactful research and output by providing statistical expertise to Sydney University researchers.
As a Statistical Consultant you will train and assist researchers across an excitingly diverse range of disciplines and statistical methods. This service is instrumental in facilitating new discoveries that are both academically beneficial and improve the world we live in.
If you are someone who is passionate about helping researchers add to our body of knowledge and achieve real-world impacts, you will thrive in this role.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work within a friendly and dedicated team, reporting to the Statistical Consulting Lead
- provide high quality independent statistical consulting services on a one-to-one basis
- learn world class methods utilising the provided professional development resources to ensure your advice is best practice and up to date
- actively promote the SIH in collaborations with schools, faculties, MDIs, CRFs and other stakeholders across the university to improve the research culture and practice of the University as a whole
- develop and facilitate short specialist statistical workshops
- review papers and grants to ensure statistical validity and provide advice and guidance
- manage the delivery of data analysis projects.
- tertiary qualifications in statistics, data science, related field and/or equivalent work experience
- experience in R, or other statistical programs such as SAS/Python that require coding skills and a willingness to learn R
- knowledge and experience in other common statistical packages, especially SPSS is desirable
- competent in a range of statistical methods e.g. any of GLM, mixed models, logistic regression, power analysis, survival analysis, Frequentist/Bayesian, meta-analysis, experimental design, etc
- demonstrated experience as a statistical consultant, ideally across a wide range of domains in a practical setting or similar experience is desirable
- proven experience in developing and/or conducting short specialist statistical workshops/training is desirable
- strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly and empathetically
- strong project management skills with an ability to self-manage multiple projects ensuring timelines and budgets are met
- ability to manage key stakeholder relationships, while exercising independent judgement and initiative in the management of client expectations.
Our team genuinely values work life balance, with flexible and hybrid working conditions available.