Data Analysis Australia is seeking a Graduate Statistical Consultant to join its Data Science and Statistical consulting team. The successful candidate will be involved in applying statistical, analytical and data science knowledge to a range of real-world problems in a team based, commercial environment.
Established in 1988, our purpose is to help organisations make great decisions and new discoveries by making data meaningful. We have worked on over 1,600 projects with hundreds of government and private clients locally, nationally and internationally, building a reputation of trust and delivery in all that we do.
Data Analysis Australia is a well-respected consulting firm in Western Australia. The successful applicant will be joining an agile business offering a variety of projects across multiple industries. With a friendly and dedicated team, Data Analysis Australia offers an environment in which to grow your career whilst providing genuine work-life balance and flexibility.
The available role is a permanent position, up to full time, with the ability to be flexible if, for example, you still have a semester left of university to complete or similar.
Work on a variety of projects that are largely statistical, data science and data analytical in nature, under the direction and supervision of more experienced Consultants. Duties will include whole-of-project activities, such as:
- · Consulting with clients from a variety of industries;
- · Data manipulation, transformation and preparation for analysis;
- · Statistical analysis & modelling;
- · Survey design and analysis, including sampling;
- · Coding with R, Python or similar;
- · Data visualisation and dashboard development; and
- · Writing reports of results and contributing to presentation of findings to clients.
- This is a collaborative, team-oriented role where projects will be worked on both individually and as part of a team. Ongoing on-the-job training and other professional development opportunities will form a part of the role and enable the successful candidate to develop a wide range of statistical, data science and consulting skills in a variety of application areas and industries, over their employment.
- 1. Applied statistical and/or data science knowledge, demonstrated through an appropriate degree and/or practical experience.
- 2. Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- 3. Experience in coding (R or Python preferred).
- 4. Experience with Microsoft Office software (such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- 5. Experience with other data analytic or visualisation software (or similar).
- 6. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to be able to communicate effectively.
- Note that it is not essential to have experience in all the above qualities. There will be many opportunities to learn and develop new skills on the job.
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- 1. Covering letter; and
- 2. Current CV.
Please note that we can only offer the role to someone who is eligible to work in Australia, for example, is an Australian citizen or holds a Permanent Residency visa.
Please address to:
Queries to: (08) 9468 2533
Applications close at 12pm WST (midday) on Friday 9th September 2022. We reserve the right to extend the deadline if required. Please note, the interview process may commence before the application close date.