Statistical consulting internship - Stats Central UNSW
Stats Central is a statistical consulting unit established at UNSW in 2016 to provide university-wide support for staff and students during study design and analysis. We are recruiting several interns to assist consultants with introductory statistics courses and providing study design and analysis advice for researchers across UNSW. Day to day tasks in this applied consulting role include: sample size calculations; teaching; advising on the design and analysis of experimental and observational studies with clustered and longitudinal sampling, for continuous and discrete responses.
This is a casual role ($53.22/61.79 per hour without/with a PhD), up to one day per week till December 2021, with a possibility of extension, and would be ideal for someone currently studying a research degree in statistics who is looking to broaden their practical experience. We welcome remote-work applicants.Selection criteria
- Honours or Masters in Statistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in one or more statistical analysis packages (R / SAS / SPSS / STATA)
- Knowledge of and experience with a range of statistical methodologies
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
To apply, please send a cover letter (max one page) and CV (max two pages) to Nancy Briggs (Nancy.Briggs@unsw.edu.au) by Sunday July 18th.