SSA Canberra is inviting student members of SSA Canberra branch to apply for financial support to attend the virtual Australia and New Zealand Statistical Conference (ANZSC, 5-9 July 2021) or the Early Career and Student Statisticians Conference (ECSSC, 24 July - 1 August, including pre-conference workshops). The grant will reimburse the fee you pay for the appropriate registration/workshop costs, with the maximum amount being $200 in total.
To be eligible for the grant, you must either be a student member of SSA Canberra Branch, or have applied to be a student member with SSA Canberra, at the time of submitting your registration grant application. Membership is only $20 for full time students, so it is definitely worth joining just to apply for the grant!
Please prepare the following documents and a submit a single PDF form containing:
- A brief resume/CV of up to 4 pages.
- Which costs and amounts you would like SSA Canberra to reimburse; note that you can select any combination of costs from the two conferences.
- A short document (max 200 words) describing the anticipated benefits to you that will result from your attendance at the conference/workshop, and declaring any other financial support offered to you for this conference/workshop.
- (Optional) If you are presenting, your submitted talk/poster abstract for ANZSC2021/ECSSC2021.
Please send these via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 28 June 2021, but we will evaluate applications on a rolling basis.
Outcome and show me the money!
Successful applications will be notified by email no later than 4 July 2021. If you are successful, we will request you to send us relevant registration receipts/invoices, and SSA Canberra will reimburse you the awarded amount.
Successful applications should:
- Acdgeknowle the financial support of SSA Canberra during their presentation (if you present);
- Contribute a short piece about their experience to the SSA Stats Matters newsletter, to be sent to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application,