The SSA NSW Branch is now accepting registration grant applications for the Australian and New Zealand Statistical Conference (ANZSC 2021, 5th – 9th July 2021) and the Early Career and Student Statistician Conference 2021 (ECSSC 2021, 26th July 2021 – 1st August 2021). Applications are open to student members of the SSA NSW Branch who will give an oral or poster presentation at one of the conferences. Limited spots are also available to student members who will attend ECSSC 2021 without giving a presentation, and early career statisticians (up to 5 years post-PhD) that have been members of the SSA NSW Branch for at least 2 years at the application deadline and have no financial support available to present at one of the conferences. Successful applicants will receive a reimbursement for registration fees and workshop costs paid by the applicant.
A complete application will consist of:
- An outline of the importance of attending the conference to the candidate’s research or work (2-3 lines).Abstract of the presentation, if available.
- A list of other funds sought or promised, including those from the candidate’s home institution.
- Any other supporting material the candidate considers relevant to the application.
- A letter of support signed by the candidate’s supervisor; for early career statisticians, the letter should also state the candidate has no funds available to attend one of the conferences.
- The candidate’s up-to-date CV.
Applications can be submitted electronically to the Secretary of the SSA NSW Branch on or before Saturday, 26th June 2021.
Recipients of the grant will also need to supply a report of their involvement in the conference to be published in the Society’s newsletter.
Recipients of the grant are asked to acknowledge the SSA’s support in their presentations and in any published version of presented papers. We reserve the right not to reimburse if the recipient did not acknowledge the support of the SSA NSW Branch in their talk or poster.
Previous successful applicants of similar awards from SSA are not eligible to apply.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by email no later than Monday, 21st June 2021.