- Job no: T6YR3
- Category: Academic, Level B/C
- Develop high quality research and deliver excellent teaching in key areas within the Data Science, Mathematics and Computing degree programs.
- Develop international recognition in the best practices of Data Science methods
- Based at the Callaghan campus
We are looking for people to join our university – to bring their exceptional teaching to our region, and to take their research impact to the world with us.
As one of the top 200 universities in the world and number one university in the world for partnering for a sustainable future, we are proud educators grounded by the needs of our community. We are driven by our inclusive focus and are proud of our five-star rating for social equity.
Be part of something bigger
The School of Information and Physical Sciences (SIPS) accommodates Bachelor programs in Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, several postgraduate degrees (e.g. a Master in Data Science) and also supports Majors in Physics and Statistics. It provides expertise to the whole University both in teaching and research. The vision of SIPS is aligned with the University's strategic plan and aims to provide a transformative, modern and relevant learning experience where students acquire practical skills, leading to work and life- ready graduates. The School values excellence and collaboration across the whole university in teaching & learning, research and engagement.
This continuing position is full time and will be located at the Callaghan Campus (Awabakal land).
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
How will you become part of our community?
The Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer will:
- Have completed a doctoral qualification in Data Science, Computer Science, Non-linear and/or Combinatorial Optimisation or closely related area
- Work cooperatively in research with other members of the School in the area of optimisation and its applications, while also working individually towards establishing an independent research program to attract undergraduate, Honours, and Higher Degree (Research) students.
- Work cohesively with the team environment of Data Science and Statistics to strengthen current and future research priorities in the School, the College and the University.
- Embrace the introduction of new teaching pedagogies (included blended and active learning) to improve the student experience.
- Collaborate in program quality assurance and improvement to the program offer of the School.
- Participate in activities to maintain the academic standards and administrative effectiveness within the School.
How will we support you?
The remuneration for this position is from $103,221 + 17% superannuation.
The University is committed to being a leader in family-friendly working environments.
For information on our employee benefits (such as flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships and salary packaging) please visit here.
Let’s be part of something bigger together.
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role.
Note: Please download the Position Description relevant to your application (level B or Level C), found in the related documents below, prior to starting your application
Your application must include:
- Your ORCID ID
- A URL link to your University Academic Profile (or equivalent)
- A Cover Letter; outlining your interest in the role, including contact details for a minimum of three relevant referees.
- A statement addressing the Essential and Desirable Criteria, as provided in the Position Description attached below (4 pages max)
- Your CV, which should be a maximum of five pages and be succinct and discipline appropriate.
Please upload your Cover Letter and response to the requested Criteria as one PDF document.
For additional information on the position contact Professor Pablo Moscato, Head of Discipline on 02 4921 5454 or via email Pablo.Moscato@newcastle.edu.au
Applications for this position will only be accepted from those with Australian residency or a valid work permit.
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 6 October 2022 at 11.59pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you