A Practical Masterclass in Time To Event Analysis is an intensive course aimed at biostatisticians.
The course introduces participants to the theoretical and practical issues facing researchers who deal with time-to-event data on a regular basis and who wish to use advanced statistical techniques to answer complicated clinical questions.
Who should attend?
The course is ideally suited biostatisticians working in clinical and health research areas.
Ideally, participants should be familiar with time-to-event data, have a basic understanding of proportional hazards modelling and be comfortable to be immersed in more complex theories. Clinicians with a strong understanding of time-to-event concepts may also find this course of value Due to the nature of this course, the number of participants will be limited. We encourage early registrations so that you do not miss out!
The course is designed to discuss both theory and application of simple and complex time-to-event analysis strategies. There is emphasis on the practical experience of performing analyses with discussion about advantages and pitfalls for different approaches and the interpretation of results. The course will be presented at an intermediate/advanced level.
▪ Graphical displays of time-to-event data
▪ Summary data for time-to-event data
▪ Comparisons of time-to-event curves
▪ Heavy censoring in time-to-event data
▪ Issues with non-proportional hazards
▪ Design issues for time-to-event data including sample size, power and noncompliance
▪ Proportional Hazards (PH) models including
- Model diagnostics
- Clustered & stratified PH models
▪ Time-dependent PH models
▪ Analysis of recurrent events using both marginal and conditional models
▪ Analysis of competing risks, including cumulative incidence curves, comparison of curves and various strategies of approach
▪ Risk score models and nomogram development
Monday, 29th Sept. – Friday, 3rd Oct. 2014
Intermediate Component (3 days)
Mon. 29th Sept., Tues. 30th Sept. & Wed. 1st Oct. 2014
Advanced Component (3 days)
Wed. 1st Oct., Thurs. 2nd Oct. & Fri. 3rd Oct. 2014
Course Fees ($AUD, includes GST)
Includes software which will be provided as part of the course, full day’s catering and two social dinners.
Early Bird: 1-5 days $2,500, 1-3 days $1950, 3-5 days $1950
Standard: 1-5 days $2,800, 1-3 days $2150, 3-5 days $2150
Early-bird registrations must be received by close-of-business (5:00pm Sydney) on Thursday 31st July 2014.
Full payment must be received by close-of-business (5:00pm Sydney) by Friday 12th September 2014.
Participants should bring their own laptop. Your software will be installed by the instructors.
For Further Information
|When:||29/09/2014 - 03/10/2014|
|Location:||Pullman Sydney Hyde Park Hotel,
36 College Street,