- Statistical Society of Australia (SSA).
- The he award will acknowledge the contributions made by the regular workshop and course presenters for the Saward will commence from December 2020 and will be awarded in December annually subject to eligible nominations.
- The nomination opens February each year and will remain open until the August of the respective year.
- The award will be announced this during the ASC conference in the year the event is held. In the other year, it will be announced by a general email/SSA newsletter and retrospectively acknowledged in the subsequent ASC.
- The award will provide 1-year free membership to the SSA. There is also a plan to provide with a digital badge which the awardee may use to demonstrate his/her acknowledgment by the society in professional or personal context. The name(s) of the awardee(s) will also be displayed on a web page of the SSA.There will be maximum 3 awards per year. For more than three nominations, the quality of the nominations (in terms of workshops presented and planned and the quality and interests of the topics proposed, and the feedback from the attendees, further to whether the nominee has already received the award in the past with preference given to new nominations) will be judged by the CPD committee to select the nominations. For nominations that have been unsuccessful, the committee will provide a short feedback and encourage future applications.
The criteria for the award are as follows:
- The nominee is a member of the SSA.
- The nominee has presented at least two workshops or courses for the SSA within the last two years. It is preferred that the workshops will be reasonably different from each other in terms of the topics or issues covered and are not the repeat of exactly the same session many times. The CPD committee will take the diversity in workshops in consideration when making the recommendation for the award.
- The nominee, if awarded, agrees to present at least two workshops or courses within two years from the date of the award under the SSA banner. These workshops should also be of diverse nature and not the repeat of the same session.
- The nominee has not received the same award in the previous year.
- An awardee will be re-eligible for the award every two years subject to fulfilling the criteria of presenting two workshops after the prior award and before reapplying for nomination. Effectively, the award turns into 50% discounted membership over two years for successful nominations.
The process of the award is as follows:
1. The nomination is to be made either through self-nomination or by other members. The nomination should include a document indicating the workshops or courses that have been presented by the nominee for the SSA in the recent two years. It may also include (if available) the feedback and number of attendances in these events, further to any future workshops or courses planned.
2. Presenting two workshops does not automatically guarantee the receipt of the award and the CPD committee will make an informed judgement based on nominations presented. Particularly, the CPD committee of the SSA will discuss and judge the nominations, taking into consideration the history of past receiving of the award, the workshops or courses presented and planned and the potential impact of these workshops or courses in promoting statistics within the Australian context.
3. The CPD committee will subsequently make recommendations to the Executive Committee of the SSA. Subject to approval, the awardee(s) will then be awarded (the free membership and potentially a digital badge).
The continuation, criteria, process, and condition of the award are subject to change and any necessary updates on a periodic basis. This will be conducted by the CPD committee of the SSA. Any changes or update regarding any future nomination and process of the award will be advised on the SSA web site in due course.