SSAI AND CSIRO STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP
The SSAI is proud to have entered a strategic partnership with CSIRO. CSIRO, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, is Australia’s national science agency and one of the largest and most diverse research agencies in the world. CSIRO undertakes a wide range of research to inform and improve the health, welfare, sustainability and productivity of people, communities, regions and industries.
CSIRO Mission: We deliver innovative solutions for industry, society and the environment through great science.
CSIRO Vision: Our science is used to make a profound and positive impact for the future of Australia and humanity.
The objectives of the partnership between CSIRO and SSAI are
- to attract more young people to undertake research in statistics and for CSIRO to be seen as an attractive employer by them
- to continue to update the skills of CSIRO people
- to increase CSIRO researchers’ involvement with and visibility in the international research community.
The SSAI can assist the CSIRO with achieving these goals through
- the Young Statisticians Network
- its Continuing Professional Development program (CPD) and
- the biennial Australian Statistical Conference.
The CSIRO is a Platinum Sponsor of the Australian Statistical Conference and the Young Statisticians Conference.
For more information on CSIRO, please click here.