The environmental statistics section celebrates applications of statistics in the environmental sciences, including ecology, climate sciences, the earth sciences and what not. There has been a long tradition in Australian statistics of making methodological contributions motivated by problems in the environmental sciences, and we are keen to continue this tradition, as well as hearing about funky applications.
This section is a focal point for Australian statisticians with interests in environmental statistics, and we keep section members informed of upcoming events, as well as organising a few of our own, especially around the national conference.
Section Co-Chairs: David Warton and Jakub Stoklosa (Statistics, UNSW)
- Eco-Stats ’15 – Technological Advances Between Ecology and Statistics
- 2016 Australian Statistical Conference – coming soon, probably December 2016. OK, not that soon…
- The International Biometrics Society (Australasian Region)
- The International Environmetrics Society (TIES)
- American Statistical Association Section on Statistics and the Environment
- International Environmental Modelling and Software Society (iEMSs)
- Royal Statistical Society Environmental Statistics Section
- Environmetrics (Official Journal of TIES)
- Journal of Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental Statistics
- Environmental and Ecological Statistics
- Methods in Ecology and Evolution
- Environmental Modeling and Assessment
- Environmental Monitoring and Assessment
- Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment
- CSIRO Division of Computational Informatics
- UNSW Statistics Department and its Ecological Statistics Research Group
To join the mailing list for the Environmental Statistics section, please click here.