Membership of SSA provides the following benefits:
- Forums for the exchange of statistical information and ideas with statistical workers active in applications, consulting, teaching and research within government, commerce and industry.
- Reduced fees for SSA Workshops and Conferences
- Opportunities through branch meetings and workshops to keep abreast of the latest developments in the field.
- Peer professional recognition through accreditation.
- Subscription to the internationally recognised Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics and to the Society’s Newsletter, which provides general news and notes of relevance to the profession.
- Establishment of a network of contacts, both national and international, throughout government, industry, business and academia
- 35% discount on all books from Wiley or Wiley-Blackwell
- Discounted subscription rate for “Significance“
- Access to competitive rates for Professional Indemnity Insurance (please see below)
- Reduced energy costs through “Make It Cheaper” (please see below)
Professional Indemnity Insurance
The Statistical Society’s appointed insurance broker is proud to offer our members a truly unique Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy: One that will cover your requirements perfectly and save you money.
Our Professional Indemnity Insurance Broker has brokered an exclusive arrangement with Chubb Insurance Australia Ltd, who are a market leader in specialty insurance coverages, which are uniquely designed for specific industries.
Benefits to Members of the Statistical Society include:
- Competitive premiums – in a majority of cases, our broker guarantees to offer a cheaper premium than the one you paid in the previous year, subject to minimum premium levels.
- One of the broadest policy wordings available, including:
- Full cover for contractors, not just vicarious
- Loss of punitive and exemplary damages
- Built in “contingent” bodily injury/property damage coverage
- Worldwide coverage including “duty to defend” anywhere in the world
- 100% of defence costs paid within the limit even if only part of actual loss if covered
- “Formal investigations” cover available to the policy limit
- Auto reinstatement of limit.
Please contact the SSA Office for more information ([email protected]).
Reduced energy costs through Make it Cheaper
The Statistical Society of Australia (SSA) has partnered with Make It Cheaper to help members save money on electricity.
Make It Cheaper are one of Australia’s largest business energy brokers, specialising in small-to-medium sized enterprise (SME) and residential accounts. Their most recent bill analysis (of 10,400 bills*) identified that 80% of Aussie businesses and 75% of households pay too much for their electricity1.
Their free energy health-check compares your bill against the competitive rates they have negotiated with their panel of retailers. Find a new deal today by using their fast and simple service.
As of the 1st July 2016, many of Australia’s electricity retailers increased their rates, so the trick to coming out on top is to engage with the market and compare your prices. But do you really have time for all that? It’s smart to let the energy experts do it all for you.
Please contact the SSA Office for details on how to obtain a free quote from “Make It Cheaper” for your business or home ([email protected]).