Call For Short Course Proposals
Joint International Society for Clinical Biostatistics (ISCB) and Australian Statistical Conference 2018
26-30 August 2018 , Melbourne, Australia
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS FRIDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2017
The joint conference of the ISCB and Statistical Society of Australian 2018 will provide a scientific forum for international exchange of theory, methods and applications of statistics, and biostatistics in particular, among a diverse range of statisticians and data scientists including biostatisticians, mathematical statisticians and other quantitative researchers in health, biomedicine and many other fields.
The Scientific Programme Committee and Local Organising Committee for the conference are pleased to announce a call for proposals for pre-conference courses to be included within the conference program. The courses will be held on Sunday 26th August 2018.
If you would like to submit a course for consideration, please submit your proposal, on no more than 2 pages, with the following details:
- Title of Course
- Course presenters (maximum of two preferred but more will be considered)
- Job title and affiliation of course presenters
- Contact details of course presenters including email address
- Full-day or half-day (we anticipate accommodating up to 3 full-day courses and up to 4 half-day courses, to a maximum of 6 depending on the combination of each)
- Short overview of course: main topics and learning objectives
- Brief paragraph on why the course would be appealing to attendees of the joint ISCB-ASC conference
Please see website for further conference details http://www.iscbasc2018.com/
Financial incentives: For successful proposals the conference budget will cover registration fees, attendance at the conference dinner and the cost of one night’s accommodation for up to two course presenters.
Please submit proposals to [email protected] (making sure that the Subject line above is used)
Deadline for submissions is 5pm (GMT!) on Friday 3rd November 2017
John Carlin & Tim Brown, MCRI & University of Melbourne, Joint Chairs of the Scientific Program Committee
Katherine Lee, MCRI, Chair of the Local Organising Committee