SSAI Webinar Series
SSAI members can now look forward to a whole program of monthly webinars under the heading 'Statistics: making a significant difference.’With this series, which features speakers from Australia and overseas, the SSAI wishes to contribute to the “International Year of Statistics 2013” and the “Maths of Planet Earth” initiative by AMSI.
Other speakers who have already confirmed their willingness to participate are
- Ron Sandland, ex-Deputy Chief Executive of CSIRO
- Adrian Smith, Director General, Knowledge and Innovation, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), UK
- Alan Gelfand, J.B. Duke Professor of Statistics and Decision Sciences, Duke University, USA
- Chris Green, Professor of Economics, McGill University, Montreal
- Louise Ryan, Chief of CSIRO Mathematics, Informatics and Statistics
- Marie Davidian, ASA President-Elect and the William Neal Reynolds Distinguished Professor of Statistics at North Carolina State University as well as the director of NCSU’s Center for Quantitative Sciences in Biomedicine
- Terry Speed, Professor, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
- Virginia Wheway, Environment, Health and Safety Director for Boeing Australia
- Ben Farrell, UNHCR Canberra
- Bronwyn Harch, Deputy Director, Sustainable Agriculture Flagship, CSIRO
- Hugh Possingham
- Noel Cressie, National Institute for Applied Statistics Research Australia (NIASRA), University of Wollongong
- David Elston, Director, Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland. Click here to watch a recording of this webinar.
- John Cook, Global Change Institute, speaks about "Climate change and the conumdrum of statistics". Click here to watch a recording of this webinar.
Please note that these webinars are only available to SSAI members. The fee for a 12-month full membership is $220. Student membership is available for $20.
* Canberra time